- 10 to 12 years of hands on Backup Administration of HP Data Protector (Micro Focus Data Protector), troubleshooting experience on both remote and Data Center servers.
- Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Administration of HP (MF) Data proctor Versions DP 9.x and 10.4x across different Operating systems.
- Customizing the Backup Environment, Media Management (Tape Libraries, VTLs , Deduplication/ Disk Appliances), Configuring and Managing Standalone Devices, Customization, Migration & Up-gradation planning.
- Knowledge of Data Domain/Store Ones Administration / DP Integration and Troubleshooting / Performance tuning.
- DPA Reporting tool knowledge would be added advantage.
- DP Integration with database and applications: Oracle, MSSQL, Microsoft Exchange and SAP.
- DP integration with VMWare and Hyper-V virtual environments for VM Backup and recovery
- Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures.
- Working Expert knowledge of disaster recovery techniques, Setup replication, Managing and protecting VM Backups.
- Configuration of DR sites and should have handled the DR activities from backup end.
- Knowledge and experience on other backup tools like AVAMAR, NBU, Networker, TSM of all type of Integrated Data base backups and Restores.
- Backup reporting tools and usage, like Data Protector Analyzer.
- Scripting knowledge and experience which adds value to DXC Bionix.
- Experienced knowledge of data migration methods and understanding and configuration of Data Sync to DR sites.
- Certified on ITIL and worked in ITIL process oriented environment.
- Very good understanding of performance tuning parameters and performance related troubleshooting.
- Need to show sense of Urgency, take accountability and End to End ownership, availability on any business demands.
- Handled Account transitions from Onshore to Off shore and ensured delivery readiness.
- Good communication skills with experience in Customer facing roles and leading from front during any issues and requirements.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
Role: System Administrator
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
DXC Technology India Private Limited
DXC is the worldÃ¢â¬â¢s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology is a $25 billion company with a 60-year legacy of delivering results for thousands of clients in more than 70 countries. Our technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions.
As the worldÃ¢â¬â¢s leading independent, end-to- end IT services company, we are uniquely positioned to lead digital transformations Ã¢â¬" creating greater value for clients, partners and shareholders, and presenting growth opportunities for our people. We are among the worldÃ¢â¬â¢s best corporate citizens.
We have 155,000 employees in more than 70 countries, serving some 6,000 clients. We tap into global talent, powerful next-generation IT solutions and extensive partner relationships to help clients transform digitally and seize opportunities.
Our extensive partner network helps us drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. We have established more than 250 industry-leading global Partner Network relationships, including 15 strategic partners: Amazon Web Services, AT&T, Dell EMC, HCL, Hitachi, HPE, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Micro Focus, Microsoft, Oracle, PwC, SAP and ServiceNow.
Application Services, Banking, Big Data, Business Services, Cloud Services, Healthcare, Cybersecurity, Insurance, Mobility and IoT, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Retail, and Travel and Transportation
DXC provides information technology and consulting services to businesses and governments. The company operates in more than 70 countries and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol Ã¢â¬ÅDXCÃ¢â¬Â and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
DXC India is ramping up its headcount across its offices in India (Chennai,Hyderabad, Noida, Bangaluru, Indore and Mumbai ). Currently we are looking for professionals with following skill sets to join our Global Team.