Roles and Responsibilities
DXC Technology India is seeking great talented Professionals to work for one/many of these
- On-premise Oracle DB
- Cloud based Oracle DB/ Oracle autonomous DB
- Hybrid Model
Experience in Oracle database version 10g or above(10g/11g/12c/18c/19c)
SDLC process understanding - Requirement gathering, analysis, design, estimation, Understanding the low-level design, development, preparation of unit test plan, unit test cases, unit testing, defect analysis, migration activities, test support, implementation and Production support is mandatory.
Working knowledge in Agile or Waterfall methodology.
Exposure to IT Service Management process, which includes Incident, Problem, Change, Release & Deployment.
Flexible to work for different shifts or 24*7 support on call out of office hours and weekend.
Application modernization experience in moving from Legacy technologies to modern technology.
Good verbal & written communication skills.
The main goal is to ensure DXC delivers application services and to continuously improve our maturity in processes and technology, resulting in best in class technology implementation.
Professional should be able to lead technically and mentor others as appropriate.
As a Oracle DB Application developer/Support Analyst/, he/she will take on a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Application Maintenance and Support or Development or Modernization
- L2 Incident, Major Incidents, Represent team in war room/triage calls
- L3 Problem Management, analysis, and code fix
- Problem/Change/Release & deployment coordinator
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers (On-Premise and Cloud).
- Develop processes for optimizing database security (On-Premise and Cloud).
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Determines database structural requirements by analysing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 6 years+ of experience in database administration, information technology, database design, or a related field
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with Oracle DB version 10g or above(10g/11g/12c/18c/19c)
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL queries
- Strong hands on experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Proficient with Oracle procedures, packages, and triggers
- Should be flexible to work in shifts (24/7)
- Exposure to IT Service Management
- Good to have an experience working in Agile or Waterfall software development process
- Strong command of SQL and DB server tools
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have skills:
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Exposure with cloud services (AWS / Microsoft Azure /Oracle cloud) from DB perspective.
- Familiarity with Oracle BI, Data Migration and Assessment Tools
- Knowledge on Agile tools, Remedy and ServiceNow
- OCA/OCP certifications preferred
Industry: IT Services & Consulting
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Database Architect/Designer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent